With over 25 years in the design and print industry, Kim Ryan has worked in “all of the roles”: freelance, in-house designer, running her own studio – you name it. Kim started her business, Wild Seed Design, 15 years ago, and today she offers feminine, floral and botanical brand design, specifically for women who want to see their businesses grow and flourish.
Kim is one of our members of The Modern Marketing Collective and I have loved seeing Kim and her business thrive over the past almost year.
In this episode we discuss:
1. The catalyst behind Kim starting her business
2. How Kim attracted her first clients 15 years ago, before social media really existed
3. From thinking social media was just for “young people” and being reluctant to use it to social media now being a key way that Kim attracts her clients
4. Kim’s (very common!) resistance to showing herself in her marketing, how she overcame it, and the huge difference this has made for her business
5. The journey from taking any on any work to cover the bills as a single mum – to tripling her prices, earning more and working less, and only taking on the work she actually wants to do
6. From winging it to working on her business, getting clear about what her ideal business actually looks like, and Kim’s high converting simple sales system.